a good old post – thank you in a bottle
We all wish we could go back in time and thank people, because they really deserve it, but we didn’t do it at the right time or the right way and then we think about it minutes, hours, days, even years later, but too late.
You may never read this, or never know it is for you, but thank you, because you:
– offered chocolate and comfort even though I was a complete stranger crying and embarassed in the train.
– took care of me in the plane, without knowing me, and invited me to your place to talk about tons of things. I wish we’d kept in touch. I sent you a letter, but you never answered.
– were really sweet, even though people warned me about you.
– could have stayed scary, but took extra time to reassure me.
– were brutally honest and protective, for no reason at all.
– said I was like a sister, even if we hadn’t talked for years.
– still call me “petite soeur”.
– … and many, many, many others. 😀